They say as you get older time flies – they were right.
Maybe that's why I travel;
You learn to slow down, to enjoy every single day, to make the most of your situation whether it's good or bad and you learn to be in the moment.
I no longer wish the working week away and look forward to the weekends as every day is a weekend.
Life is good, and 2012 has got to be my best year ever. Why?
Maybe it's because I left an office job to fulfil my dream,
or I finished my Masters Degree and wrote my first book,
or I became a paid freelance journalist (after years of writing for free),
or I listened to my instinct and got divorced,
or I finally realised what I wanted to do with my life and am working on creating a business that will help others live their travel dream.
This year has been amazing. So as I celebrate the New Year, here's the best of 2012 and my highlights
1. Visiting the slums in Mumbai
2. Riding a donkey at Petra
3. Meeting the most amazing people
4. Finishing my TEFL course and teaching English to Buddhist nuns
5. Spending the weekend with a monk
6. Working as a TV journalist in Mongolia
7. Surviving in the African desert
8. Dancing with a witch doctor in Malawi
9. Missing my first flight in South Korea
10. Nearly crashing on a flight from Bhutan to Nepal (scary but strangely exhilarating!)
Life is what you make it. It's never too late to change it.
Realise your dream and make 2013 your best year ever…