Take The Pledge
Become a Conscious Girl about the Globe
Take the Girl about the Globe pledge to show your commitment to conscious travel and receive a FREE virtual Solo Travel Card to say thanks. Read the pledge then enter your full name and email below.
I pledge to become a conscious traveller, by making a conscious effort to:
- 1. Volunteer through an ethical company and avoid orphanages. Instead I will support organisations that work with families of orphanages.
- 2. Reduce my carbon footprint by offsetting my carbon emissions. I pledge to take more public transport (or carpooling services) as an alternative to driving or taking taxis. I aim to walk and cycle whenever I can.
- 3. Ask locals if I can take their photos, and not share photos of children on social media. Instead of giving money or gifts to begging children (who may have been removed from school), I will support a community-led project which helps street kids.
- 4. To avoid elephant rides, and visit an elephant sanctuary instead. To avoid staged animals and sea life shows and watch them in their natural habitat instead.
- 5. To reduce the amount of plastic that I buy on my trips, and use reusable cups and a water bottle filter instead.
- 6. To avoid buying fake goods and instead buy souvenirs direct from artisans. To not buy anything made from threatened or endangered species, including coral and other marine life.
- 7. To look for social impact projects such as restaurants and accommodation who are giving back to the local community.
- 8. To help prevent human trafficking by reporting anything that I deem suspicious.
- 9. To travel the world to be a better person and not judge how others choose to live their lives. To respect the people, the culture and environment and learn about the cultural norms before I travel.
- 10. To embrace the transformation that solo travel brings and inspire and empower other women to travel solo too.