I can’t believe another year has gone by so quickly! One minute I was sunning myself in Croatia and then I’m back in England in time for Christmas. Seriously, where has this year gone? Thank you to everyone who has taken time out to read any of my posts. There are some amazing blogs out there and i'm really grateful for anyone who takes time to comment and read mine.
This year has been a really exciting one and I'm so thankful for all the experiences I've had, whether super fab or a little bit scary.
I've been lucky enough to have visited 25 countries and stayed in 80 beds! (all my own) and spent 6 months in total travelling about the globe. I've met some really great people and a few strange ones and picked up a couple of travelling companions along the way. I've challenged some fears (just the water and spider one left) and have learnt a few lessons to pass onto others.
It's been hard to choose but here's my best moments of 2013!
1. Sailing in Croatia and winning boat of the week.
2. Swimming with whale sharks in Cancun.
3. Enjoying slow travel in Montenegro.
4. Finding out that I'm awesome at mountain biking in Canada.
5. Abseiling the Black Hole in Belize.
6. Listening to a choir boy in the Notre Dame in Paris.
7. Staying with a mayan family in Belize.
8. Getting all Chi Kung at a retreat in Italy.
9. Meeting a Bosnian couple who's parents had fled the war.
10. Hitchhiking a ride in Albania.
11. Chasing Turkish riot police in Istanbul.
12. Finding a cafe named after me!
13. Going clubbing with the taxi driver in Paris!
And there are some moments that I would rather forget:
1. Getting lost at night in Sofia (not big and definitely not clever).
2. Having an awkward Couchsurfing moment in Paris (post to come).
3. Nearly getting mugged in Bulgaria (my own fault).
4. Leaving my camera on a bus in Milan (I got it back thankfully).
5. Not being able to help a fellow travel blogger.
And I've still got so many more adventures to include on my blog from my Europe trip. But the year isn't over yet. To top it all off I'm spending the New Year in Dublin!
Having never been to the Irish capital, I couldn't think of a better time to visit than in the busiest celebrations of the year. I'll be trying surfing for the first time too! (yes, in the Irish sea – why didn't I pick the Caribbean!)
What's your best (or worst) moment of 2013?